Course for all who handle food in one way or another
The course involves lectures, discussions and project work.
Food production risks: Illness causing micro-organisms
- Pollutants in food
- Foreign matter
Food handling and food storage:
- Cross-contamination – what is cross-contamination and how can we prevent it?
- The importance of refrigeration
- Cleaning and cleaning schedules
- Vermin and pest controls
- Suppliers – selection of suppliers and requirements made of them
- Calibration and the testing of measuring devices
- Employees – Conduct, personal hygiene and employee health
- Training – Employee skills requirements, training, training schedules